This is quick and easy to make with great results!
For the parfait
- 600g duck livers at room temprature
- 250g pack butter, diced and slightly softened
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 spring of thyme
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 50ml port
For the topping
- 100g butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp black peppercorn
- in a frying pan gently heat the 250g butter, add in the shallots, garlic and sprig of thyme and gently cook for 3 mins
- add in the port and cook to reduce for another 3 mins the set aside to cool to room temperature
- remove the thyme spring and place the rest and the livers in a blender. Blend until smooth
- Pour the mix into a terrine dish (or something similar) and place in a bain marie (a pan filled with water to 1/2 way up your dish)
- cover with baking paper and foil and bake at 120DegC for 40 mins
- Check to see if it is set like a soft jelly. If not give it another 5 mins and check again.
- Remove from the oven, take off the foil and baking paper.
- melt the remaining butter and pour over the top, sprinkle with a few peppercorns and lay in a bay leaf for decoration.
- chill for 12 hours before serving.